Home Contact Us About the Hall Hiring The Hall Gallery History of the Hall


The Village Hall was built as a Wesleyan Methodist chapel in 1869. It flourished as such until 1947 when it was sold to the Parish Council for £500. Although the Methodist churches in the village had united in 1932, the building continued as a place of worship until for reasons of finance and congregation numbers it amalgamated with the Methodist Church on the High Street.










The Chapel in the early 20th Century